Saturday, August 9, 2008

Shhhh. Don't Tell. I love research!

I really do, love research, that is. It's like a mystery, following the winding road of facts & myths. Sorting it all out & putting a story together. Meeting people, listening to their stories, visiting new places. FUN!

I've been gone the past few days researching info for my new book. The historian I met with gave me bundles of new, intriguing information. I have more people to contact & cannot wait to meet w/ them. What's so amazing, way back when...this event was TOP SECRET & CLASSIFIED. Really, really, really. How cool is that??? I've always loved spy stories..but, this isn't a spy story, but more like a revealed secret story.

There are so many important factors in a good book. I won't bore you with what you already know (characters, theme, structure, etc. etc.) BUT, the unforgettable books have the story. A remarkable story. A story you keep thinking about. Whether the story scares you, makes you cry, makes you laugh, makes you mad, makes you reach down in your soul, makes you open your heart, it should change you...the reader. That's why I love to read!

I'll post some pictures later from my trip. Maybe I'll post them & see if you can guess where they were taken.

No comments: